Pearl Abyss (Pearl Abyss Corp., Pearl Abyss Pearl Abyss Taiwan Corp., Pearl Abyss H.K. Limited. and Pearl Abyss America, Inc. hereinafter referred to as "Pearl Abyss", "company", “us” or “we”) provides PC, mobile, and the other game and related Services (“Services”). Pearl Abyss stores, processes, and shares personal information in certain circumstances in order to provide you with Services. However, security of your personal information is a priority to us, and ample measures will be taken to protect it.
The company collects the following necessary information to provide Services:
1) The information you give us.
① The information provided during account creation.
- Game Forums (“Forums” are online services that allow subscribers to exchange opinions and provide notice about the Services): Display name, email address, password
- Official Website: Name, nationality, email address, password
② The information collected while using Services on PlayStation®4, Xbox.
- PlayStation®4, Xbox ID and Serial Number
③ Additional information provided.
- The information you provide us during events: email address, phone number, address (with your consent)
- The information provided when requesting for customer support (information collected may vary depending on the request you make)
- The messages you send while using the Services (e.g. chatting messages, forum posts, and comments) and logs record that is made for the messages Services
- Information required for processing payment
- Your serial number when you link your PlayStation®4, Xbox to the official website.
2) Data created while using our Services
The company collects data that is created while you use our Services with or without an account.
- Accounts and game progress data
- Gamer tags / PSN account
- IP addresses and information about devices
- The information collected through Cookies and related technology
- Web browser information
- Location information
- Gameplay data, interactions with other players while using Services, and all data related to the use of our Services.
- Data for advertising and analysis (e.g. Google Analytics)
The company collects information for the following reasons.
1) We process the necessary data to provide Services.
The company collects information to provide Services you on our contractual relationship with us
- To allow you to make an account and provide you Services;
- To operate our Services;
- To confirm payments;
- To provide products and Services you request;
- To send information about Services;
- To set up and manage the account you register;
- To provide software updates;
- To maintain your personal settings and deliver contents.
- To provide support for your feedback and inquiries;
- To send messages notifying you of updates, security alerts, and other information related to Services.
2) The company collects information to provide appropriate Services.
The company collects the following information for legitimate interest as the information is used:
- To improve and develop the Services provided by the company;
- To update and develop player profiles;
- To improve and develop optimization of Services and game experience
- To create events and promotion programs for customers;
3) The company processes relevant data to provide safe and fair Services.
The company has a legitimate interest in collecting and processing the data necessary to accomplish the following purposes in order to keep your Services safe and fair. Please see our Terms of Services for legal usage policies:
- To find bugs, errors, and provide solutions;
- To allow quality game experience across multiple devices;
- To allow appropriate automatic or manual chatting;
- To adhere, investigate, and restrict legal disputes, fraud, and other illegal behavior.
The company has a legitimate interest to use profiling technologies to support our data processing activities. Our profiling capabilities include logic that predicts your preference based on your usage of our Services. By using this logic we can provide you with customized services and marketing to your preferences, however, profitable advertising will only be sent (direct marketing information) if you have agreed to receive marketing information.
The company shares information to third parties if it is required by law, or is deemed necessary to enforce our rights, property, or operations or to protect users or third parties or if we engage partners and service providers in order to provide our Services to you.
1) Other players and users
- If you chat using our Services or post on the Forums, it will be displayed for other players or the public to see. (e.g. If you use in-game chat, it will be displayed to other players).
2) Partners and service providers
- The company provides the information to its vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms and other service providers or business partners.
① Business name: ELITE GAMES
- Place of Business: The Philippines
- Shared Information: email address, the information you provide through customer support inquiries
- Purpose: Processing inquiries, handling complaints and civil affairs, report issues, customer support
- Storage Duration: Until termination of the contract or the end of Services
3) Public authorities
- The company may share your information to third parties and public authorities to comply with the law and to curb fraud and illegal behavior.
- The company may share your information to third parties and public authorities to protect the safety and property of the company, employees of the company, and you.
4) Advertising companies and social media
5) Delivery companies
- The company may share your address and contact information you provided to delivery companies to ship prizes.
6.) Payment Providers
- When you purchase an item, the company will share your relevant payment information with Payment Providers in order to handle transactions.
1) The company stores your information only as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the information is collected and processed or — where the applicable law provides for longer storage and retention period — for the storage and retention period required by law.
2) How collected personal information that has fulfilled their purposes are deleted
- Information stored electronically will be deleted using technology where the information cannot be restored.
- Information printed on paper will be shredded.
3) Data processed for the following purposes is kept for the following amount of time:
- Log data
- Analytics Data
- Account and game information
Your information is sent overseas as the company provides Services worldwide. Each country may have different laws pertaining to information protection. These countries outside of the EEA (European Economic Area) may not have laws that are as comprehensive as your own country of residence. The company will comply with the relevant laws to protect your information. Please refer to ‘6. How is the information protected?’ for details on how your information will be protected.
When transferring your information to partners and service providers listed under ‘3. Who does Pearl Abyss share your information with?’, the company transfers information in compliance with the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses. Your information will be transferred with adequate protection.
The company uses the following technology, management, and physical measures to prevent data loss, theft, breach, alteration, and destruction. However, the company is not liable if the data is leaked due to your negligence such as losing your device or mishaps outside of the company’s control.
The company encrypts the information when it gets stored. Personal information can only be changed or viewed after you’ve requested it and verified your identity.
- Files and data transfers containing important information (including your personal information) are protected by encryptions, file locks, or such protection methods
- The company has backup systems to prevent your information from getting leaked or destructed. The company utilizes Anti-Virus programs, Firewalls, and other various security devices to protect your information.
The company control access right to your information to a minimum. The minimum number of personnel given access to your information are the following:
- Personnel that are directly involved with marketing, events, customer support, and delivery (including personnel in partner companies and service providers);
- Personnel that are in charge of personal information including our Data Protection Officer;
- Personnel must have access to the information for other tasks.
3) Physical Security
The company has a separate location where personal information is physically stored. Entry to and operations of this location is strictly monitored with an established entry protocol.
Documents with personal information and other forms of information storage are installed by locking devices in safe locations.
The company uses ‘Cookies’. Cookies are small text files sent by the company’s official website that is stored in your hard drive. Cookies are used for the following purposes:
1) Purposes for using Cookies and similar technologies
Analysis of subscribers and non-subscribers accessing our official website and duration, to understand and track user preferences and interests, provide other personalized Services by tracking the number of times the website has been accessed and other information.
The company and third-party analysis service providers use tracking technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, or scripts. These technologies are generally used by the company to collect statistics about the websites to analyze tendencies, manage the website, and to understand how our website is used. The company may receive collected data as a whole from analysis service providers that use these technologies.
2) How to block Cookies from getting saved
You have the right to block cookies from getting saved on your hard drive. This can be done by going to your web browser’s option settings to allow all cookies, ask for permission each time cookies get saved, or to block all cookies from getting saved.
① How to save settings to deny cookies
- Internet Explorer: Go to [Tools] at the top of the browser → [Internet Options] → [Personal Information] → [Advanced]
- Chrome: Go to [⋮] at the top of the browser → [Settings] → [Advanced] → Privacy and security [Content settings] to change your settings. However, blocking cookies may results in difficulty when receiving certain Services.
② How to withdraw consent for receiving targeted advertising
You can block or select personalized advertising through your tracking settings for advertising.
Click on privacy settings then select to block certain ads.
Click on privacy setting then select limit ad tracking.
You can exercise the following rights pertaining to your personal information at any time.
- Withdrawal of consent for processing, request correction or erasure of personal information that were collected, handled, shared, and others.
- Request to see third-party companies in charge of handling personal information other than the company, the history of third-party companies in charge of handling the information and information shared with them, the current status of agreements to the personal information collection and others.
- Request correction of erroneous collected personal information.
Users accessing the Services from the European Economic Area have the following additional rights relating to personal information, but their effectiveness and procedures may be determined in accordance with the laws and regulations of individual countries.
1) The right to request the company to send personal information to another company.
2) The right to contact the supervisory authority
You can exercise the aforementioned rights at any time through Customer Support in our official website (https://www.PlayStation®4, Xbox.playblackdesert.com/Support) or by sending an email to email@example.com.
The company does not purposely collect or request any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13(NA) / 16(EU), or send targeted advertisements and suggest offers. The company does not knowingly allow children to use our Services. If you are a user under the age of 13(NA) / 16(EU), please do not provide any personal information to us.
If the company has collected personal information from a user under the age of 13(NA) / 16(EU), the company will delete the data as soon as possible. Please contact the company if you believe the company has collected personal information of an individual under the age of 13(NA) / 16(EU).
If you have any questions about personal information protection or have issues related to personal information, please send an inquiry through Customer Support on our official website (https://www.PlayStation®4, Xbox.playblackdesert.com/Support). The company will answer your inquiries as soon as possible.
If you wish, please contact our Data Protection Officer directly through the contact information provided below.
Data Protection Officer: Pearl Abyss Corp.
Address: Simin-daero 327 beon-gil Dongan-gu, Anyang-si, Gyeonggi-do,14055, Rep. of KOREA
The contact information of our Data Protection Officer and Representative in Europe:
VeraSafe has been appointed as PEARL ABYSS H.K. LIMITED's representative in the European Union for data protection matters, pursuant to Article 27 of the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union. VeraSafe can be contacted in addition to firstname.lastname@example.org, only on matters related to the processing of personal data. To make such an inquiry, please contact VeraSafe using this contact form: https://www.verasafe.com/privacy-Services/contact-article-27representative
Alternatively, VeraSafe can be contacted at:
Matthew Joseph Zahradníčkova 1220/20A Prague 15000 Czech Republic
VeraSafe Ireland Ltd. Unit 3D North Point House North Point Business Park New Mallow Road Cork T23AT2P Ireland VeraSafe Netherlands BV Keizersgracht 391 A 1016 EJ Amsterdam The Netherlands