Black Desert will begin in a moment.

Install the Black Desert launcher if your game doesn't start.

Please Install the Black Desert launcher to start the game.

1 Run the downloaded - file to install the Black Desert launcher.

2 Please start the game once installation is complete.

Community

Possible player-moderator to clean up the forums.
Harm*** 2018-11-06 22:52
933 17 0 0
# 1
Edit Date : 23.12.2018

...

Character Name Harm***
Main Character -
# 2
Edit Date : 06.11.2018

I second this motion, I also have more free time on my hands then most. I would love to devote it to this community.

Character Name LordThuri***
Main Character -
# 3
Edit Date : 06.11.2018

I third this motion.

I think Simon is going to need a bit of help around here since the spam bots are getting more common. 

Character Name Luna Marip***
Main Character -
# 4
Edit Date : 06.11.2018

I just came outta 80+ hours of Red Dead Redemption 2 Simon, give me a six shooter and let me clean up this town... 

Character Name LordThuri***
Main Character -
# 5
Edit Date : 07.11.2018

I think they just need to tighten up the registration process and how many back to back posts you can make within a short amount of time.

Character Name xC***
Main Character -
# 6
Edit Date : 07.11.2018
1 minute ago, xCROv said:

I think they just need to tighten up the registration process and how many back to back posts you can make within a short amount of time.

Never a truer word written! If they limit the timeframe between posting threads alone, that can limit the spamming problem a bit. 

27 minutes ago, LordThurisaz said:

I just came outta 80+ hours of Red Dead Redemption 2 Simon, give me a six shooter and let me clean up this town... 

I've reacted too much already today but man did I literally laugh at loud at that!

Character Name Luna Marip***
Main Character -
# 7
Edit Date : 07.11.2018

Just give me the power Simon, I'm ready...
PDKe.gif

Character Name LordThuri***
Main Character -
# 8
Edit Date : 07.11.2018
43 minutes ago, xCROv said:

I think they just need to tighten up the registration process and how many back to back posts you can make within a short amount of time.

We've set up as much stuff as we can. Ad for player moderators I'll float the idea later today. The issue is that manually deleting all the content will take a long time, whereas admin access can just clear it instantly. I'll be talking to my folks and see what we can do

Character Name [CM] Si***
Main Character -
# 9
Edit Date : 07.11.2018

Sounds great Simon! We got your back here on the ground! Thanks for being such a great Mod!

Character Name LordThuri***
Main Character -
# 10
Edit Date : 07.11.2018
1 hour ago, [CM] Simon said:

We've set up as much stuff as we can. Ad for player moderators I'll float the idea later today. The issue is that manually deleting all the content will take a long time, whereas admin access can just clear it instantly. I'll be talking to my folks and see what we can do

On the pc forums they made it so where you have to actually own the game to create topics  in the main sections except bug reports (You can still comment I think). Maybe down the line it can be the same here, to counter bots and fake accounts.

Character Name Az***
Main Character -
# 11
Edit Date : 07.11.2018
2 hours ago, [CM] Simon said:

We've set up as much stuff as we can. Ad for player moderators I'll float the idea later today. The issue is that manually deleting all the content will take a long time, whereas admin access can just clear it instantly. I'll be talking to my folks and see what we can do

Sounds like the only restriction really is to block how many topics can be started back to back but I dont think that would be a solution because they could just make new accounts like they did. Really I think this is one of those things that we will just have happen. Most of them probably are not even bots but real people just spamming them so anti-bot measures wont do anything.

Character Name xC***
Main Character -
# 12
Edit Date : 07.11.2018

We're going to have to empower the community.

Maybe some sort of report system, if your post's get reported x amount of times, your muted until admin's can look at what you were posting? Something of that nature maybe?

Character Name LordThuri***
Main Character -
# 13
Edit Date : 07.11.2018

I already saw enough on player-made bdx discord to know where this is going.

Character Name Dan***
Main Character -
# 14
Edit Date : 07.11.2018
3 hours ago, LordThurisaz said:

We're going to have to empower the community.

Maybe some sort of report system, if your post's get reported x amount of times, your muted until admin's can look at what you were posting? Something of that nature maybe?

Oh the irony... Apparently a select few ruined what was a great feature for the community. The auto moderation system is still in place, we just need more of the communities help to deal with the Chinese spammers. If everyone took a minute when they showed up and reported a few of their first posts we could probably take care of them. 

 

Character Name xC***
Main Character -
# 15
Edit Date : 07.11.2018

Oh I know, I had read through it all, but at the end of the day, enough people speak up about the idea having actually been good it stands a chance of returning. Maybe not that exact system but one like it. Clearly with the issues we had with those spam bots, the forums are lacking a little supervision. Now that's nobody's fault but our own for ruining the system we did have.

However, just because we broke it, doesn't mean we can't come back together as a community and fix it either. These kind of games live and die by the community if we don't stand united in some aspects of how to moderate stuff then this game is doomed before we even get to the beta. 

Character Name LordThuri***
Main Character -
# 16
Edit Date : 07.11.2018
25 minutes ago, LordThurisaz said:

Oh I know, I had read through it all, but at the end of the day, enough people speak up about the idea having actually been good it stands a chance of returning. Maybe not that exact system but one like it. Clearly with the issues we had with those spam bots, the forums are lacking a little supervision. Now that's nobody's fault but our own for ruining the system we did have.

However, just because we broke it, doesn't mean we can't come back together as a community and fix it either. These kind of games live and die by the community if we don't stand united in some aspects of how to moderate stuff then this game is doomed before we even get to the beta. 

I agree on most points but I wouldn't rate the game based off some actions on the forums. The games going to be great and a ton of fun. I think everyone's just getting antsy, like near the end of a long car ride.

Character Name xC***
Main Character -
# 17
Edit Date : 07.11.2018

True but I think the forums help bring a solid MMO community together more then with other games. What happens here is more impactful then some people think. 

Character Name LordThuri***
Main Character -
# 18
Edit Date : 08.11.2018

I'm pretty sure if this forum implodes from people signing up in droves, they'll flex the idea of a moderator team again. In the meantime, we just have to work with what we have. 

Character Name Luna Marip***
Main Character -
FeedbackTopicPossible player-moderator to clean up the forums.
TOP

We use cookies, with your consent, to customize content and advertising.
More information

Yes, I agree.