This week’s maintenance brings with it another pack of updates: Succession for Kunoichi, Maehwa, and Hashashin, Herald’s Journal, Dark Rift Revamp, and Enhanced Skills for Lv.58 and up. Check out the details below for more information!
Major Updates – Kunoichi, Maehwa, Hashashin Succession
● Added Succession for Kunoichi, Maehwa, and Hashashin.
- You can accept relevant quests from the [New Power] category in the main quest tab once you reach Lv.56.
- You can proceed with succession quests near the spot you complete consecutive awakening quests in the [New Power] category.
- You can reinforce skills using main weapons and sub-weapons by learning successive skills through succession quests of each class.
|Kunoichi||Succession: Lament of Silence|
|Maehwa||Succession: Maehwa’s Conviction|
|Hashashin||Succession: Dark Tornado|
- You cannot use Awakening Weapons after completing Succession.
- Added the 'Succession' tab in the Skill window.
- Skills in the Succession tab are affected by the AP of your main weapons and awakening weapons.
- You can use the skills both in the 'Main' tab and the skills in the 'Succession' tab at the same time.
- You cannot use skills in the 'Succession' tab to learn Absolute skills.
- You can use skills outside of the 'Succession' tab to learn Absolute skills.
- You must learn the Preceding Skills in the 'Main' tab to learn the skills in the 'Succession' tab.
- You can change between Succession/Awakening by resetting your skills.
- You cannot learn succession skills once you have learned awakening skills, and vice versa.
- Skill add-ons for awakening will reset when you learn Succession skills and vice versa.
- You can change from Succession to Awakening by resetting your skill. You can learn awakening skills after the reset.
- You can change from Awakening to Succession by resetting your skills, and learn succession skills again.
- Added succession skill descriptions for Kunoichi, Maehwa, and Hashashin in Overview > Class on the official website.
Major Updates – Herald’s Journal
● Added a new adventure log – Herald’s Journal
- You can listen to the story of Rubin, the herald in Calpheon, who, as the fastest messenger, delivers news from all parts of the world. Also, several challenges are waiting for you where you must have the fastest legs!
- Go to the starting NPC guided by the journal and accept limited-time quests that you must complete within a set period of time.
- The quests must be proceeded consecutively from the first quest.
- Some limited-time quests will not navigate you to the destination.
- You must be at level 58 or higher and have knowledge about Rubin. Once the requirements are met, interact with the Black Spirit in order to obtain the quest.
Major Updates – Dark Rift Revamp
● Stronger bosses consumed by the black spirit began to appear in dark rifts across Black Desert.
- As the bosses have gotten more powerful, obtainable loots have changed as below.
- You can obtain Dark Spirit’s Greed when defeating a boss, and exchangeable items are as follows:
|Required number of Dark Spirit’s Greed||Exchangeable Item|
|2||Kzarka’s Latent Aura x1|
|2||Kutum’s Latent Aura x1|
|2||Nouver’s Latent Aura x1|
|3||Karanda’s Latent Aura x1|
|10||Item Collection Increase Scroll (60 min.) x1|
|15||Supreme Cooking Utensil x1|
|15||Supreme Alchemy Tool x1|
|20||Advice of Valks (+20) x1|
|30||Magic Crystal of Infinity – Experience x1|
|40||Krogdalo's Origin Stone x1|
|50||Advice of Valks (+35) x1|
|100||Advice of Valks (+50) x1|
|Western Guard Camp||Cliff|
● Obtainable items from the boxes of the dead you can get by defeating the bosses above have changed as follows:
- Added Laytenn's Power Stone, Ogre Ring, Eye of the Ruins Ring, Narc Ear Accessory, Valtarra Eclipsed Belt, Orkinrad's Belt, and Forest Ronaros Ring to the current rewards you can get from Box of the Desperate Dead, Box of the Distorted Dead, and Box of the Silent Dead.
● The Ancient Fragments of the Ancient Puturum that emerges from the Dark Rifts have begun to emit even stronger energies.
- Changed the active region where the Ancient Puturum protect the Ancient Ruins and their legacy to Valencia's desert only.
- Defeat the Ancient Puturum from the Dark Rift to obtain Howling Dead Man's Chest.
- You'll randomly get one of the following items enhanced up to DUO (II) from the Howling Dead Man's Chest: Laytenn's Power Stone, Ogre Ring, Eye of the Ruins Ring, Valtarra Eclipsed Belt, Basilisk's Belt, Ring of Crescent Guardian. [Edit]
[Updated] - Gehaku, Giath, and Moghulis no longer appear in the Dark Rifts.
Major Updates – Chat Group
● Added chat groups.
- You can communicate with other adventurers about diverse topics in the chat group.
- Each Family can enter one chat group only.
- If you are a new/returning adventurer, you will be automatically joining the Lunar Halo Inn chat group.
● Added Rabam's Enlightenment: 3rd Skill Enhancement.
- You can learn the 3rd enhanced skill at Lv. 58.
- You will need to learn the prerequisite skills to learn the enhanced skills.
- You may only select one of two enhanced skills per level.
● Motions of “Sweep with broom” and “Move forward as you sweep” changed to be displayed more naturally.
● Skill Enhancement – The effects displayed when having Attack Speed/Casting Speed Up buffs were corrected
● Improved the freeze effect to feel more natural.
Warrior● Added Enhanced Skills.
|Dusk Slash||Spinning Slash IV + Scars of Dusk|
|Counter Slash||Spinning Slash IV + Counter III|
|Wind Explosion Shot||Will of the Wind V + Evasive Explosion Shot III|
|Will of Descending Wind||Will of the Wind V + Descending Current V|
|Shadow Hellfire||Shadow Eruption IV + Ultimate: Dark Flame|
|Shadow Wave||Shadow Eruption IV + Black Wave IV|
|Frenzied Winds||Frenzied Destroyer VI + Extreme: Beastly Wind Slash|
|Frenzied Tyrant||Frenzied Destroyer VI + Fearsome Tyrant III|
|Lightning Burn||Heilang: Throat-Burn III + Void Lightning IV|
|Breath Spike||Heilang: Throat-Burn III + Flash: Pole Thrust III|
|Storm Slash||Cyclone Slash II + Rising Storm III|
|Gale Slash||Cyclone Slash II + Gale V|
|Decapitating Cyclone||Maehwa: Decapitation V + Cyclone Slash II|
|Decapitating Dragon||Maehwa: Decapitation V+ Ultimate: Dragon Claw|
|Divine Judgment of Light||Judgment of Light III + Divine Power IV|
|Shining Judgment of Light||Judgment of Light III + Shining Dash|
|Shackle Target||Ninjutsu: Shackles IV + Target Chase III|
|Ninjutsu: Ankle Splitter||Ninjutsu: Shackles IV + Ankle Cutter V|
|Ghost Slash||Ghost Greeting III + Crescent Slash III|
|Ghost Claw||Ghost Greeting III + Fox Claw IV|
|Lightning Spear||Multiple Magic Arrows + Residual Lightning IV|
|Mana Arrows||Multiple Magic Arrows + Mana Absorption III|
|Lightning Arrows||Multiple Magic Arrows + Lightning Storm III|
|Mana Arrows||Multiple Magic Arrows + Mana Absorption III|
|Slanted Slash||Slanted Balance III + Kamasylvia Slash IV|
|Balanced Strike||Slanted Balance III + Air Strike III|
|Explosive Jolt||Flow: Explosive Blow II + Ankle Hook III|
|Wolf's Explosive Fangs||Flow: Explosive Blow II + Wolf's Fang V|
|Thrashing Wolf||Crouching Wolf + Soul Basher III|
|Raging Wolf||Crouching Wolf + Rage Hammer V|
|Blade of Souls||Soul Ascent IV + Blade of Blood|
|Sacred Dance of Souls||Soul Ascent IV + Flow: Sacred Dance III|
|Nature Shattering Arrow||Earth Shatter V + Wrath of Nature V|
|Earth's Judgment||Earth Shatter V + Winged Strike III|
|Careful!||Sprinkle-Sparkle IV + Get Well|
|Now!||Sprinkle-Sparkle IV + Come Out, Come Out|
|Shadow Slicer||Sand Slicer III + Shadow Splitter IV|
|Sand Tornado||Sand Slicer III + Piercing Tornado V|
|Sturdy Smite||Sturdy Step III + Juggernaut: Smite II|
|Mountain's Echo||Sturdy Step III + Rockslide III|
|No collision while moving||No collision while jumping|
● Added walking mode to the Ring Menu.
● Increased the amount of contribution EXP obtained when your contribution point is between 400 to 450.
- Increased the EXP obtained from Life skills as below:
|Life Skill||Approximate EXP Increase|
|Fishing||Current EXP x4|
|Hunting||Current EXP x2|
|Training||Current EXP x2|
|Trading||Current EXP x3.3|
EXP obtainable from each Life skill was systemized to be lower than that of Black Desert Online to minimize the gap between Adventurers who already had knowledge about the game and those who are new to Black Desert when we first began servicing on console. However, as it has been almost 2 years and as many of Adventurers have gotten used to the world of Black Desert, we have readjusted the EXP range to be identical to that of Black Desert Online. Many Adventurers have given us feedbacks about raising Life EXP. We will do our best to review as many feedbacks as possible and apply those possible to the game. Thank you.
● Garmoth will now appear at a chance in Sherekhan Necropolis, Blood Wolf Settlement, and Tshira Ruins of Drieghan at a certain chance.
- After the system message “Garmoth has appeared” is displayed, Garmoth’s terror will begin.
- Garmoth will breathe out flames to attack 2 to 3 times then disappear.
- The first flame breath attack contains Knockdown CC status effect so be aware.
- This Garmoth is invincible and you cannot kill it. If you get killed from this Garmoth, you will not receive any death penalty.
- From the ground where Garmoth’s flame breath has scorched, there may be an Old Drieghanese Crate that can appear at a chance.
- Old Drieghanese Crate will disappear 1 minute after it shows up so hurry to destroy the create and randomly obtain 1 of the items below.
|Obtainable Items from the Old Drieghanese Crate|
|Leebur's Gloves, Sturdy Alchemy Stone of Destruction, Eye of the Ruins Ring, Orkinrad's Belt, Kagtunak, Combined Magic Crystal - Hoom, Combined Magic Crystal - Gervish, Combined Magic Crystal - Macalod, Kagtum's Ring of Submission, Akum Helmet, Akum Armor, Akum Gloves, Akum Shoes, Golden Dagger, Sharp Black Crystal Shard, Hard Black Crystal Shard, Black Energy Residue, Dragon Scale Fossil, Gold Bar 1G, Old Artifact Pot|
- Please keep in mind Item Drop Rate buffs will not influence this item.
● Added Villa Scrolls usable at the Campsite.
|[Villa] Turning Gates (60 min.)||200,000|
|[Villa] Skill and Experience (60 min.)||300,000|
|[Villa] Body Enhancement (60 min.)||1,000,000|
|[Villa] Turning Gates (120 min.)||450,000|
|[Villa] Skill and Experience (120 min.)||750,000|
|[Villa] Body Enhancement (120 min.)||2,250,000|
|- Duration: 90 min.
- Required Silver: 900,000
|- Duration: 60 min.
- Required Silver: 600,000
● The Devour feature has been revamped.
- Devour is now available even when Enhancement Chance is +1 or higher.
- There are no item grade restrictions when Enhancement Chance is 0. However, when it is +1 or higher, Devour is only available for green or higher rating gears.
- Just like before, Devour is available for weapons of +8 or higher enhancement levels and armors of +6 or higher enhancement levels.
- When you attempt to use Devour with an existing Enhancement Chance increase, you will either succeed or fail at a fixed rate.
● You can now obtain the knowledge about the Archaeologist's Map by interacting it with the Caphras' Journal of Caphras Cave.
● You can now obtain knowledge about the Lafi Bedmountain's Upgraded Compass by taking it to Ain Greid and talking to him.
NPC, Background, Sound● It began to snow in Black Desert welcoming winter.
Snow has begun to fall gently across the entire world of Black Desert.
Winter may be cold, but we hope you have a heartwarming adventure in Black Desert!
● According to nearby villagers, a never before seen storm rages on at Karanda's nest.
- Karanda's nest grew wider due to the effects of the storm.
● The Contribution EXP icons in the quest rewards will now all look the same.
● A repair completion message will now be displayed when repairing a mount or gear by talking to an NPC.
Changes and Fixes
● Fixed the issue where the available times for Red Battlefield appeared abnormal.
● Fixed the issue where the Pet/Fairy information would be displayed abnormally.
● Fixed the issue where a certain window in Velia 2-3 would not open.
● Fixed the scarecrows to recover their HP if they are left alone for 5 minutes.
● [Valkyrie] Fixed the issue where Kini Hair Ornament appeared slanted to the right when equipping it after face customization.
● Fixed the issue where the effects of Spirit Perfume Elixir would not be applied even though it still had time remaining on its duration.
● Improved some sentences for better understanding and fixed typos.
● Fixed an issue where some backgrounds would be displayed abnormally.